Hi. We’re Starshipit, and we’re on a mission to help all retailers deliver better shipping experiences. In this short post, you’ll learn a bit about who we are, what we do and how we feel about being nominated this year.
First things first: Being nominated for the UK Digital Growth Awards
We’re so proud that we’ve been nominated for this year’s UK Digital Growth Awards. We think it’s a real reflection of all the hard work that our team puts in every day to create the world’s best shipping platform – best of luck to all the other winners!
Helping businesses to work smarter and scale faster
Shipping is a challenge for all businesses, especially when they need to ship products both domestically and internationally. Things only get more complicated as customers expect choice – and updates – when it comes to shipping.
For businesses, this means they need to up their game when it comes to shipping. They need to offer multiple couriers to achieve different levels of service, pricing and speed.
Solving these challenges typically involves using multiple courier systems, which in turn involves managing multiple computers and shipping label printers. Add manual fulfilment to that, and you’ve got a recipe for shipping delays, stressed staff and unhappy customers.
That’s where we come in.
Starshipit – Our mission to make shipping as easy as 1-2-3
Starshipit is an automated shipping platform designed to help businesses simplify shipping and fulfilment and deliver great customer experiences.
Here are some of the main shipping challenges businesses run into – and what we do to solve them:
- Logging into multiple eCommerce and courier platforms – Retailers need to switch between different eCommerce platforms to fetch order details and multiple courier systems to manage orders. Starshipit gives retailers one platform where they can manage all orders and select the best courier.
- Manual processes – Manual tasks such as producing shipping labels and assigning couriers is a time sink for staff and leaves room for human error. With Starshipit, retailers can automate each step of the fulfilment process such as generating shipping labels, packing slips, and manifests, and submitting customs documentation, all within one dashboard.
- Invalid addresses – The time-consuming challenge of invalid addresses can result in expensive non-deliveries and bad customer experiences. Starshipit has an awesome feature that corrects invalid addresses in one click, so customers will always get their orders, even if they entered their address details incorrectly.
- Customer parcel queries – Customers expect to be able to track their orders and want to receive multiple updates. When customers are left in the dark about their orders, help desk queries spike. Starshipit’s branded tracking pages and SMS or email notifications are sent directly to customers during five stages of delivery can keep them informed at every step.
- Managing returns – This can be a costly and time-consuming aspect of the shipping process, with staff needing to devote time to managing the returns process. Starshipit lets retailers set up a dedicated branded returns portal, relieving staff of a significant time administration task.
- Customer choice of courier – Customers expect to be able to choose couriers based on their time and price preference. Starshipit lets retailers offer different options at checkout, including same day, express or international, so your customers can choose the delivery option that suits them best.
- International shipping – Global ambitions can leave retailers puzzled as to how exactly to go about shipping to other countries. Starshipit takes the stress out of international shipping by automating a lot of the repeatable administration.
What sets us apart from the competition?
Our platform is designed from the ground up to make shipping as easy as possible for businesses. From day one, we’ve always listened to the challenges our customers face and tried to design new solutions to solve these problems.
One of our main focus areas is automation, which we see as key to helping retailers scale without having to increase staff numbers. Our platform helps retailers to eliminate repeatable tasks that are typically a drain on staff, all from one dashboard.
We’re also a courier enabler, not an aggregator. Most players in the fulfilment automation market are freight aggregators, meaning they offer set courier prices to customers and clip the ticket with each shipment. We’re a freight enabler, meaning we help retailers to build their own relationships with couriers (thus enabling them to negotiate their own, more competitive rates). Over time, this approach helps retailers to scale and provide better customer experiences.
Finally, we offer free support on every plan. This is quite extensive, and includes comprehensive onboarding, training and product support, regardless of business size. Whenever a customer has a question, our team is ready to answer.
Here’s what our customers say about us
“Starshipit is a premium software solution without the premium price tag. It allows us to update and print customers’ labels quickly while providing reliable tracking on the spot. It’s extremely clear and user friendly and gives us heaps of flexibility.”
— Danny Efendi, Logistics & Fulfilment Manager, Showpo
“Being able to use the same tool for multiple carriers for both domestic and international orders keeps our booking operations streamlined and allows us to book hundreds of orders every day.”
— Thomas Zulliger, eCommerce GM, Quiksilver
“I recommend Starshipit to everyone I meet that sells online. I even invite them into the warehouse to see how it works. If I’d been given that chance, I would’ve picked Starshipit far sooner.”
— Guy Nappa, Operations Director, Oz Hair & Beauty
Interested in learning more? We’d love to hear from you
Transform the way you do online retail with Starshipit. Get in touch today.